Electrical Inspections | David Blundell Electrical
Why inspect and test electrical appliances?
Left untested, electrical appliances and installations can become a major hazard in a property, potentially resulting in death.
Our fully qualified electricians are able to test appliances and circuits to ensure current safety regulations are being met, and offer affordable solutions in the event a fault is present. We also offer electrical surveys for homebuyers.
All electrical installations deteriorate over time, damaged installations can and do kill if not maintained correctly.
By testing, we can identify faults and correct them and reduce the risk of injury to you and damage to your property.
When to consider periodic inspection and testing:
- Before any major work is undertaken
- Change of tenancy
- Change of ownership
- Change of use of premises
- To comply with Insurance Companies
- To verify continued compliance with BS 7671
To comply with Health & Safety requirements:
- Electricity at work regulations
- The Health & Safety at Work Act
- The Provision and use of Work Equipment Regulations 1998
Inspection & Testing.
We examine all installations for compliance to the latest British Standards BS 7671 IEE Wiring Regulations.
Suggested timescales for inspection and testing:
- Domestic – Change of use or every 10 years
- Commercial – Change of use or every 5 years
- Educational Establishments – every 5 years
- Industrial – every 3 years
- Residential – 5 years
- Office – 5 years
- Shops – 5 years
- Places of Public Entertainment – annually
- Churches -annually
- Emergency lighting -3 years
We offer set prices for inspection and testing, this is based on the number of fuse boards and circuits within the property.
So, a smaller property will cost less than a larger property, which we feel offers a fairer service to our customers.
For further information on our services and how our skilled electricians can help you, please contact us via phone 01206 617 611.